Are you the parent of a child between the ages of 2 and 7?
Do you find yourself becoming frustrated, upset, or angry because your child doesn’t listen or obey? Are you confused or anxious on how to respond when your child throws a tantrum, becomes aggressive, or engages in negative behaviors? If so, you’re not alone. At CCTA, we provide Parent-Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT), an evidence-based therapy that addresses these very common but difficult issues. PCIT has many benefits, including:
- Decreasing child behavioral issues (e.g. tantrums, anger, defiance, aggression);
- Increasing positive interactions between parents and children;
- Fostering improved communication and interactions within the family;
- Increasing a child’s self-esteem and mood;
- Increasing confidence in one’s parenting, and more.
We are aware that with the added pressures of quarantining and homeschooling, parents have more on their plate than ever. PCIT can be conducted as effectively by telehealth as it is in our clinic, and we are here to support you. Reach out by phone or e-mail with questions about PCIT or other mental health services.